Street Legal is an innovative partnership between Clan Childlaw and Rock Trust. Combining the expertise of both our organisations, the project provides free legal advice and representation to young people aged 16 – 25 who are either experiencing, or at risk of homelessness in Edinburgh.
This is a pilot project for three years, and has been devised in response to a recognition that young people are consistently struggling to have their housing rights recognised and are becoming homeless or staying in precarious accommodation as a result. The Street Legal project was born, and demonstrates the innovative combination of Clan Childlaw’s legal expertise and Rock Trust’s ability to engage with vulnerable, homeless young people, and young people who may be at risk of homelessness or not having their housing rights recognised. .
Ways in which Street Legal can help
- If you are young person aged 16-25 and you are homeless or facing homelessness, we can provide legal advice and representation if needed.
- You are facing eviction from your tenancy
- You have been evicted from your accommodation and are sofa surfing (staying with friends or family on a temporary basis) or you are sleeping rough
- You are a care leaver and want to access Continuing Care or After Care but there is a problem with this
- If you have any questions about your housing or accommodation rights.
- If you are supporting a young person in the above situation, we can provide you with legal advice to assist with your advocacy for them.
- We provide training on the housing rights of young people to those who are working with them. This means that workers are trained to recognize when there may be a legal issue that needs addressing, and contact us for advice when needed.
Get in touch
If you would like help, advice or training from Street Legal, or would like more information about the project, please contact Rachel Farrier (Project Coordinator) on 07484 529627, email@example.com or call 0808 1290522.