Do you want to use your life experience in a positive way?
We run a vital project in West Lothian where young people are matched with mentors who have had similar life experiences.
We are recruiting peer mentors for the project!
- Have experience of living in care, disadvantage or have skills to share?
- Feel motivated to use your experiences and skills to support young people?
- Want to recognise and develop your own skills and experience?
- Have a few hours a week of your time to volunteer?
- Ready to commit to a challenging, exciting voluntary role?
- Willing to take part in training and support to develop your skills as a Peer Mentor?
- Up for making a positive difference to someone else’s life?
Yes? Then you could be just who we are looking for!
Peer mentors will be trained and guided in giving one to one mentoring support to young people on:
– social and practical living skills
– confidence building and resilience
– getting to know their community
– accessing leisure and volunteering opportunities
– preparing for education or employment
Peer mentor matches will be supervised and supported by the Peer Mentoring Project Worker
If you are interested in becoming a mentor – please get in touch!
e: email@example.com or t:01506 591 860
The Rock Trust, 20 Grampian Court, Beveridge Square, Livingston EH54 6QF