Get Advice – useful numbers and information
The Rock Trust open 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
- The Rock Trust’s main number is 0131 557 4059
- Crisis Loans 0800 0327952
- New Claims 0800 0556688
- Job Seekers Direct 0845 6060234
- Benefits Enquires 0845 6060234
- Switch Board Number 0845 6043719*
* If you call this number and select option 7 you can ask to be put through to any job centre e.g: High Riggs, St Andrews Square, Leith
- Benefits Helpline for workers 0141 552 0552*
* Open Monday – Friday 10 – 12
- Skills Development Scotland 0131 221 1025
- CEC Switch Board 0131 200 2000
- HOT Cockburn St 0131 529 7368
- The Access Point (TAP) 0131 529 7438
- Emergency Housing 0800 032 5968
- Streetwork 0131 557 6055
- Shelter’s Housing Advice 0808 800 4444
- Emergency Social Work 0800 731 6969
- Cowgate Clinic 0131 240 2810
- The Access Practice 0131 529 7747
- Emergency Dentist 0131 536 4958
- CaledoniaYouth 0131 229 3596
- LGBT Health & Wellbeing 0131 523 1100
- NHS 24 0845 424 2424
- Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 200 0247
Homeless or threatened with homelessness?
Come into the The Rock Trust and speak to a duty worker (9 – 5 Monday to Friday), they can give you free and impartial advice on your different housing options, benefits advice and even support you to make phone calls and go to appointments.
LGBT Youth Scotland
All young people are different. They should have access to help or advice when they need it. LGBT Youth Scotland is the largest youth and community-based organisation for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in Scotland. The charity’s mission is to: “empower lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people and the wider LGBT community so that they are embraced as full members of the Scottish family at home, school and in every community.”
16 and need benefits and housing
First time homeless and worried about staying in a hostel or B+B?
The Rock Trust’s Nightstop Service may be able to help.
Nightstop is an accommodation service run by The Rock Trust which allows young people to stay in a trained volunteer (hosts) home for a few nights. This emergency accommodation allows the young person some breathing space and helps them to access other Rock Trust services and possibly prevent them from going into long term homelessness.
If you are interested in Nightstop, please contact staff at The Rock Trust 0131 557 4059
Struggling to get on with family, friends or workers?
Mediation can help.
Mediation offers a chance to talk and be listened to, in a relaxed way, about what the difficulties have been and how it is affecting you. Mediation is free, voluntary and everything that is said is confidential and nothing will be passed on without your agreement.
Mediators will not tell you what to do but support you in finding your own ideas for resolving the difficulties.
Mediators can give young people the opportunity, when they are ready, to mediate with key people in their life and work together to find solutions for everyone.
If you are interested in Mediation contact staff at The Rock Trust 0131 557 4059